Wednesday, July 22, 2009

totdat we elkaar weer ontmoeten


When asked if I would come and speak I originally said to my self no. It was for the most selfish reasons I could possibly think of. I couldn't face the fact of time. That time had run out and the last we spoke was exactly that, the last. We met when we were children and that first afternoon we spent together I knew we would some day be very much in love. As they say the rest is history, and in a very shameful remorse I have no choice but to agree. The years were too kind for us, however we were not kind in return. How do you celebrate a life that no one could possibly understand. The layered complexity of issues disguised by one of the brightest smiles the world has ever seen. What happened between us that afternoon I will never exactly understand, but one thing is true and that is, the love I have for that afternoon will forever carry me to sleep. When we have to face the passing of a loved one we grieve and search for any form of solace, and it is with in this we must find the true love that brought us together. To be completely honest I wrote this on the flight here, and as I began to miss her more and more all I wanted was to hold her once again. The feeling of compassion and bliss, are all but forgotten, however are now too distant. With in this I ask Why? Why must we push away from what we owe every bit of happiness to? I can honestly say, this will be me no more. Every inch of me wishes I could have truly been there that afternoon. I ask you all to join me in the remembrance of a Mother, Daughter, Sister, and most of all a great friend. As I lay you into the ground I will forever find you in the clouds. You can only have one first love and I am forever thankful it was you. I will correct myself on what was just said, I cannot use the word "was". You are my only love, you are already missed. Until the next time we align. Let us all celebrate this wonderful woman. Thank you.

No comments: